Friday, November 14, 2008

Across the Universe




I am surprised by how often I will listen to a song, love a song, but never really listen to the lyrics. For some reason, even though I love music and I love literature my mind doesn't link the two together, assimilating both simultaneously as a perfect whole. But for some reason, this morning my sensitivity to the lyrics was heightened. (I attribute it to my intensive, insatiable reading of the Twilight saga - its like LSD for literature.)

As I listened to the Across the Universe soundtrack I was caught off guard by the spectacular imagery of "Across The Universe" by the Beatles. If I had John Lennon's gift for words I would be able to describe the excitement, beauty and joy for life these unique imaginitive words made me feel, but as it is you will just have to read and experience them for yourself!

Across the Universe

Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup
They slither while they pass, They slip away across the universe

Pools of sorrow, waves of joy, are drifting thorough my open mind
Possessing and caressing me Jai guru deva om (Victory to God, Divine!)

Nothing's gonna change my world

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes that call me on and on across the universe.
Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box. They tumble blindly as
they make their way across the universe.

Sounds of laughter, shades of life are ringing through my open ears, exciting and inviting me.
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns, It calls me on and on across the universe

Jai guru deva om (Victory to God, Divine!)
Nothing's gonna change my world

No comments: