Thursday, February 26, 2009

Art is Life!


I adore this painting. The little image in the sideline just didn't do it justice so I had to post it here too. This painting by Mariano (or Maria) Jose Fortuny y Carbo of his children in the Japanese Salon exquisitely captures the luxurious textures of the room with out neglecting the precious moments of childhood. I love it, love it, love it.
As a side note, I am working on developing a few art tours and tutorials and will be posting little art reviews from time to time. If there are any artists or periods you love or would like to learn more about let me know. I would love your suggestions!

1 comment:

Claire said...

So I totally remember looking at a painting in the National Gallery with you and having you explain all the meaning in it, while all I could come up with was, "That's a nice painting." So feel free to dump all the art lessons you'd like on me! Particularly the Impressionists and also Mondrain (sp?), who I've read about recently. Thanks, Sara! Hope you are doing well!