Friday, April 1, 2011

Leading Lady

It is interesting how life comes full circle. I started this blog almost four years ago, inspired by Kate Winslet's character in "The Holiday." At a critical juncture she is told "in the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend." This struck a chord with me. I realized how true this was in my own life.

Unlike the movies, I unfortunately don't learn my lesson in 20 minutes or less. So four years later I am still learning to become the leading lady. I am learning what makes me a leading lady; what exciting story I have to tell on the stage of life. I am learning to make decisions that will propel me forward and steer the direction of my life. I am a long ways from the girl I was back then, but I still have a ways to go.

I am rededicating my blog to this pursuit. Moving forward, progressing, and improving.
Making each day a beautiful day.

1 comment:

chiggidy said...

i love it. welcome back to the blogging arena <3