Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Revelation


Today, as I walked to school I pondered what makes a beautiful life. As I passed violet tulips blooming from the base of a tree in the middle of a city side walk I wondered, "Do visions of the picturesque make life beautiful?" And while they are lovely and exciting to behold they are not what make LIFE beautiful. I thought and I wondered and I pondered over what inspired me to resolve to have lead a Beautiful Life. As silly as it may sound it was the move The Holiday. More specifically, it was Kate Winslet's character. She was so beautiful and charming and sought to love and serve everyone around her. Then it dawned on me (I'm a little slo I know!) service and charity are the means through which the greatest Beauty is created.

After a long trek home in the freezing rain, looking for beauty in the nasty weather, I found it on my door step. (Okay, not really on my doorstep, more in the arms of my roommate Juleen) Upon arriving home I found an Easter package from my mother - a Harry & David easter box. I loved it! But more than loving the gift I loved my mom for sending it. She made my Beautiful Day!

1 comment:

Katie Briggs said...

That's funny...I was actually watching "The Holiday" as I read your blog! I love Kate Winslet's character in it too :)