Tuesday, July 8, 2008

An Upcoming Artist

These are some of my favorite paintings by Paul Ferney. I want to own at least two of them (the first and the last). I know absolutely nothing about Paul as an artist and everything I know about him personally I know because I blogstock his wife Jordan.




What I love about Paul's work, and what I generally love in art, is his ability to capture a mood, an emotion, and to tell a story - even when it seems as though there is no story there to tell. Each of these paintings take me away to a different place and time and, for a moment, allow me to trascend my reality and be a part of a beautiful evening drive after a long day at the beach or a serene summer afternoon .... Or Maybe it is my overactive imagination :)

8 comments:

Mark Weinberg said...

Cool stuff. What is his blog?

Mark Weinberg said...

Or his wife's blog I guess is what the post said.

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't blogstalk Jordan?

Sara said...

mark, his web site is http://www.paulferney.com/

his wife's blog is
jordanferney.blogspot.com

Kate Smith said...

Sara -
How do you buy his works? I really liked the foggy morning one on his website. Are you coming to Utah to visit? k8

Sara said...

Here is some further information about Paul.
These are some of the Galleries that sell his work.

DE Craghead Gallery | Carmel, CA
(831) 624-5054
www.cragheadgallery.com

Apple Frame Gallery | Bountiful, UT
(801) 298-1227
www.appleframegallery.com

Principle Gallery | Alexandria, VA
(703) 739-9326
www.principlegallery.com

You can also contact him directly at paul@paulferney.com

Sara said...

PS. Kate, Yes! I am going to come to Utah to visit. It will probably be in September but there is a possiblity I'll be there in August too. It would be so fun to see you!

Are you coming to NY??

Sara said...

There are also works at the meyer gallery in Park City.
www.meyergallery.com