Friday, July 25, 2008

What Life is All About!



Each summer since I was 16 my grandparents have held Grandkids Retreat - a family reunion of sorts except it is only for my grandparents and cousins who are between the ages of 8 and 18. Well at least that was the original rule. Now there are so many of us (42 in total) that they need the older grandkids to come to help watch over the rest of the clan. Last year was the first time I had been in almost 10 years (yes! to all you smartie pants out there that means I have only been twice). I had so much fun last year I really wanted to go again this year. So, I volunteered to help my grandparents plan thinking that would make it so I would have to go for sure.

Well, a little thing called a job got in the way of that plan! I did help plan (sort of) and I had a lot of brilliant ideas (few of which actually came to fruition because of the fact that I am on the east coast and they are on the west....and I am much busier than I was this time last year) but without the help of my amazing sister none of it would have happened. {thank you claire!}

And eventhough I wasn't able to be there physically it still makes me so happy to see these pictures. THIS is what life is all about!
Claire's adorable invitations
Everyone in the bus to go river rafting (see Grammy & Grandad in the back?)
Katie, Jonah (no, not David Archuleta) Shea, Claire
katie & the boys!
Ryan & Seth
Cousins! (Curt & Anna)
Goodbye Photo