Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Favorites #6

Family Vacation

...and I am not joking!

My family may vacation a lot but it is not often, or at least it hasn't been lately, that we go on our own. The whole dynamic of a trip changes when it is just your family. It seems as though personalities and family dynamics are dramatically enhanced on a family vacation, which makes every event 100 times more memorable. In my family Claire is the entertainer-shopaholic-photo-fiend, My dad is the golfaholic-jokester, my mom is the enthusiast, and I....I....well I don't really know what I am. You'll have to ask my family.

My favorite moments from our recent family vay-cay are:
1. Golfing with my dad - We were at the driving range and I hit a really good 100-120 yd drive. After I hit my ball my dad said, "Now Sara, watch this." Thinking he is going to instruct me on my swing I watch him hit his ball about 250-300 yards. He then turned to me and said, "I hit it WAY farther than you!"
2. As we were driving to go swimming with the dolphins Claire turned to my mom and asked, "Do you think they'll want to be my best friend?"
3. Every time we walked past the stingray pool Claire would say, "Look, they're waving to me!"
4. Getting stuck in horrendous traffic driving through the mountains in the rain.
5. "Hiking" to Waimea Falls
6. My dad trying to talk to the peacocks

2 comments:

Katie Briggs said...

Where was this trip you are talking about? Sounds like a blast!

Claire said...

hey! where are the pics?? and i am a jokester too!