Monday, September 24, 2007

My Not So Beautiful Day...

I just have to share this befuddling and agravating incident that occured today.

This past weekend I went to Utah to visit my sister and my dear friend Megan. It was a very nice visit and the end of my trip came upon me more quickly than I expected. Being in a rush to complete my check list before my departure, I was left to go to the Distribution Center on my way to the airport. After my brief stop I threw my wallet on the front seat of the car so I wouldn't forget it or lock it in the trunk as I had almost done with the keys. Well, little did I know the wallet had bounced off the front seat to the floor. So when I rushed to get all of my belongings out of the car my wallet was left behind.

It was no more than five minutes later, when I was standing at the ticket counter, that I realized my wallet was gone. Afraid I was going to miss my flight I ran back to the rental agency to get my wallet but the car was gone. I found the agent who helped me return the car who then instructed me to talk to another agent. Time elapsed 10 minutes.

This agent radioed the remote location where the car was being cleaned and asked them to look for the wallet and return it. He then informed me that they were coming back with the wallet.

Elapsed time 15 minutes.

When the wallet returned to our location the agent handed it to me and asked if it looked okay. I was rather befuddled and panicked by the question considering the wallet had been out of my presence no more than 15 minutes and had only been in the rental vehical - and I was about to miss my flight. But when I looked at the wallet I immediately noticed something was wrong. My wallet was open and ALL of my money was gone! Literally all of it. Even my old and rare $10 and $20 bills that I had hidden in my wallet were gone. The only thing that was left was a $10 bill that was mixed in with my receipts.

I just can't believe this happened. The only saving grace is that I think Enterprise is going to refund me the money. I hope they do!

4 comments:

Christina Kim Homer said...

That totally bites! Hope everything works out for you!

Cale Monson said...

Hey. Sorry to hear about your wallet, but I like your blog.

Don said...

That stinks! Was that in Utah? I tell ya...

Sara said...

Yeah it sucked...but it kept with the record. My family only gets things stolen in Utah!